Thursday, January 07, 2016

July 2012

This was for sure one of my more active months. I did a shit ton of bicycling and exploring. Most of the time I'd find these teeny tiny villages. It was so refreshing and beautiful. I'd bike past ship yards, ports, cows. I'd go on a bike path that on one side was the Ijsselmeer and on the other pasture. Could not have been more perfect. Lots of stuff with the kids too.



Femke showed me how to be cool. Thanks girl.

Sometimes I'd take Michiel and his friend serenading.

And then sometimes I'd take care of 5 kids.

Re-bricking our road.

Femke. Climbing. Of course.




Really perfect running and biking routes

I went to an American festival. It had a motorcycle, confederate flag, hot dogs and hamburgers, and a Simon & Garfunkel/U2 cover band. It's as American as it gets, folks.

Oh and did I mention a tractor transporting beer?

Took Femke and Michiel to this one place where you can build things.

GertJan and Michiel

Marlies and Femke

I will never forget this moment. A girl who spoke no English wrote "I Love You" to me. You can barely see it, but it was so precious. Look how proud she is. Oh it brought tears to my eyes, and still does.

New Church in Amsterdam

This is the turning point when I started talking to cows.  See that one there he's my friend.



Reminded me of my Grandparents old house

Femke taught me how to talk Duck

Again, she's a climber.

No comments: